![]() |
| Photo Credit: The Jolly Moments |
Hi everyone! I'm currently traveling (layover in Taiwan) and don't have too much time to talk to y'all today. Luckily, Keishawna, from The Jolly Moments, is willing to share advice on parenting and faith. Just a reminder, Do All The Good You Can is open to people of most peaceful faiths (within reason). There is naturally a more Christian emphasis, since I am of this religion. As a Christian, I find having time to reflect on my day, life, self, etc. with my God important so I can discover what I need to do be a better me/ help others. If you are not religious, meditation and intentional self-improvement are always good things for anyone to work on!
................................................................................................................................................................
When my son was a year old, he attended a Mother's Day Out program. His teachers always told me
what a joy he was to have in their class.
I remember one day arriving to a different report. One of his teachers asked if he had a bad weekend
or a bad night. She said his behavior and attitude that day shocked them all.
Later that evening, I realized that I had been in a funk the days leading up to that day. He was
displaying the exact behaviors he saw in his mother – irritable, cranky, etc.
Once I accepted that revelation, I had to ask myself why I was so out of character. Then I realized I
had allowed myself to get so busy and consumed with life that I was not spending quality time with
the one who could give me the energy, wisdom and strength to get it all done and still keep my sanity.
“People make time for what they want to make time for.”
I have been guilty in the past of saying there was no time in the day for me to spend with the Lord.
Yet, I had time to do most of what I wanted and needed to do, and even found the time to get on social media. So was there really no time or did I just fail to make the time?
Some people swear they cannot start their day without a cup of coffee. For them, coffee represents the fuel, or substance, they need to make it through the day.
For me, my morning cup of coffee is prayer, praise and time in the word. It is not only critical for my life, but it is crucial and beneficial for those around me and those I interact with during the day.
Even if you start your day with the Lord, it does not mean that circumstances will not come in to distract you, test you, anger you, etc. It just means that you are equipped with the tools needed to
handle situations as they arise.
I encourage you to try a “spiritual” cup of coffee (prayer, praise and the word) in the morning!
If starting your day this way is new for you, in the beginning do not focus on the amount of time, but just do something and you may find yourself not wanting to start your day without it.
Have a blessed day!
~ Keishawna
..................................................................................................
Keishawna is a wife, mother, aspiring author, and inspirational blogger. You can find her at
www.TheJollyMoments.com where she encourages others to find the “jolly” in every “moment” life
brings their way. Visit Keishawna on her blog, or at www.facebook.com/TheJollyMomentsBlog for
inspiration.


No comments:
Post a Comment