February 2, 2015

Do All The Good You Can



John Wesley, the founder of Methodism, (supposedly, since some scholars believe that it is a misquote) once said “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can”. 

January 25th, I was sitting in church, listening to our assistant pastor’s sermon on discipleship and how to serve others.  She then shared the above quote and mentioned volunteer opportunities in the community my church is in (which is another part of town from where I live). I wanted to volunteer, but unfortunately, the opportunities were during the middle of a weekday, when I work and attend classes. Helping others on special volunteer days is good, but I want to make a positive impact on others more than just a few times a year.

What if I helped others in my everyday life?What can I do, in my limited time, to make someone else's life just a little better? That is what I want this blog to answer. Of course,you do not have to be a Methodist, or even a Christian, to help others. Among the many things that defines us as humans, I believe compassion is one of the strongest. This blog is designed for anyone benevolent souls, aimed especially those with a busy schedule.

My average week this semester involves three part time jobs, full time college courses, helping my husband with taking care of the apartment, and playing with my kitten Leia. And now I will commit to running this blog to help you, people of the internet, help others. 

3 comments: