March 11, 2015

"Always Keep Fighting": Wear The Shirt, Spread Awareness

I really want this shirt. Not just because one of my favorite actors is featured on it (although that certainly helps), but because of the campaign behind this shirt.


Jared Padalecki, who plays Sam on the CW's Supernatural, started the "Always Keep Fighting" campaign to raise awareness for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. Proceeds will go to To Write Love On Her Arms, an organization previously mentioned as a source  in my Self Harm Awareness article.

Some celebrities support charities and nonprofits for just a tax break or PR, but Padalecki has a reason to care. A friend of his who had depression recently committed suicide. The actor hopes to destigmatize these conditions and to inspire people struggling with them.

"Though he wasn't the first friend I’ve lost to  suicide, I sure hope he’s the last. I wish [that] I had the chance to go back and tell them what they meant to me. I wish I had the chance to beg them to seek help, to keep fighting. I wish they knew that they were surrounded by countless others who struggle on a daily basis." Padalecki said on the shirt's site.

There are four styles of shirts to choose from, ranging from $21.99 to $39.99.


Over 24,362 shirts have been sold since March 3rd, when he announced the campaign's launch through Facebook. Part of the sales can be attributed to his fan base. The actor has created a series of contests requiring purchase of a shirt to enter. Prizes have included phone calls, pictures, and signed scripts for the winners.

Click here for the shirt's website
Click here for Padalecki's Facebook Page 

No comments:

Post a Comment