I've chosen Random Acts Of Kindness Week as May 11th-17th. There is an already existing informal week, but I chose this week for convenience. I'm hoping we'll be able to turn this into an annual event. After some deliberating, I've came to the decision that everyone should record their acts onto the event or blog's Facebook page so that others can be inspired.
I've received two donations so far! Qdoba in Topeka has donated free entree cards, and Kourtney Baker from Bake 'N' Bits in Perry Lecompton has offered to make cupcakes (which I'm planning on giving to police dispatch).
I've set up a Rocket Hub (which is similar to Kickstart) for about $100-$200. These funds will be used for promoting RAOK and towards supplies (small gift cards, flowers, etc). You can contribute at http://www.rockethub.com/proj…/55648-random-acts-of-kindness .
Thank you to everyone who has decided to participate and to everyone who has shared this event!
Don't forget to share your ideas for acts and businesses/organization that might be willing to help by donating or promoting the event.RAOK Week on Facebook
No comments:
Post a Comment