![]() |
| Photo Credit: Marissa Coyle (2012) |
Today I am thankful for
- My job(s). I generally have good bosses, including Gary and Robin who treat me as if I matter. For example, when I skinned my leg a few months ago, Robin patched me up. She generally serves as the History Department "Mom". When I was considering becoming a teacher, Gary gave me some tips and let me teach an after-school activity. He also tends to give good advice, whether it be on grad school or on children. There are so many people who would love to have a job, or have been laid off. I am lucky to have jobs that do not require manual labor, either. There are many people who bust their backs in factories or by cleaning, and the worst problem I can get is carpal tunnel.
- My cat, Leia. This kitten brings so much joy into my life. There is little as comforting as her jumping into my arms, laying her paw over my hand, and licking my face. She also makes a good guard kitty as she isn't afraid to bite.
- My car. While driving around town on errands or to and from work/school, I see so many people waiting for busses or walking. I'm glad these forms of transportation are better for the environment (not to mention cheaper), but they can be inconvenient. When I had my old car, last year, it only seemed to want to work half of the time. I had to take the bus instead. This wouldn't be so bad if buses came by more often, had more routes, or stayed running longer in the evening. Now that I have a car, I don't have to plan my whole day around a lengthy bus trip. Walking and biking are still good ways to exercise and travel, just not necessarily when you're in a hurry.
- My education. Neither of my grandmothers went to college, and I know that my grandparents on my mother's side were the first in their families (generation-wise) to attend high school. I not only am going to school for two degrees, but am also going because I received a ton of scholarships. Although there are days where I wish I could be pursuing a career instead of homework, I love learning new things, talking with friends and classmates, and the skills I gain (especially in my Mass Media classes). A college education, although not the only way to be successful, is becoming ever more necessary to secure a career.
- That I get to interact with people. I used to be more of an introvert (more on that later), but over the past year, I have really come out of my shell. Although there are still days when I want to sit alone and enjoy only the company of a book (ok, maybe my husband or Leia as well), I have more days when I will talk to new people and introduce myself. I am the type of person who needs to talk to people and get outside the house at least once a day. As mentioned above, I love to learn new things, and one of the best ways is to learn is to talk to people! You might also make new friends.
What are you thankful for?

No comments:
Post a Comment